When we started fulltiming, we knew that we wanted to look for a “Workamper” arrangement. Workamping is generally a situation where a person or couple gets to assist in campground or RV park duties, hosting, etc., in exchange for a great campsite where they can park their rig. The work can be as challenging as one wants; from 12 hours a week greeting visitors, to being full time and working on a construction or maintenance team. Along with perks like free propane, hookups or laundry room access, sometimes an hourly wage or stipend is also included.
Since our schedule is wide open for the next year, we have begun our Workamper campaign. Here is our resume that we are sending to prospective employers:
Jim Nelson And Rene Agredano
Fulltime RVers Seeking a Workamper Situation
Greetings! Please allow us to introduce ourselves; we are Jim and Rene, a young, tech savvy married couple (ages 41 and 38), currently taking a long sabbatical after selling our home and business which we started and operated for 10 years.
Our current home is a 24′ 2007 Arctic Fox fifth wheel, with a new Dodge Ram pickup. Since June, we have been traveling across the U.S. with our 9 year old therapy dog, Jerry.
We are seeking a Workamper arrangement where we can participate in the operations and management of a campground, RV park, or other travel / tourism business. Specifically, we would like to offer assistance with:
- building a campground
- facilities maintenance
- front office operations
- activities coordinating
- management and marketing
- any other day to day on-site duties
We are young, fit, and able to do the heavy lifting when it comes to:
- gardening and landscaping
- handyman work
- electrical and construction
- dog or pet sitting and walking
In addition, our years of business management and technology experience make us qualified to:
- provide computer technical support for both PC and Macintosh desktop computers and networks
- work with any management software
- teach computer classes
- provide marketing consultation, graphic design services and website maintenance
- teach digital scrapbook and craft classes
- lead physical activities like bicycling, hiking and running / walking excursions
- event planning and managment
We truly enjoy working in an outdoorsy, people-oriented environment, and look forward to helping you make your campground or park a great place for visitors.
- College educated professionals
- Management, technology and business ownership experience
- Physically fit
- Years of outdoors and camping experience
- Flexible schedule
- People oriented
- Our rig is small, new and well-maintained
- Self-sufficient, creditworthy and financially secure
Right now, we can go anywhere in the U.S., our schedule is wide open. We are available to any job placements in the U.S., but our preferred areas and timeframes are:
- November to January: Southeast U.S.
- January to March: Southwest U.S.
- April onward: Northwest U.S., Rocky Mountains or New England
Our only requirement is that our campsite must be satellite friendly, for our on-board satellite internet dish.
Thanks for your consideration. To learn more about us, or feel free to contact us via this website’s About Us page. We look forward to talking with you soon!
Jim & Rene