Last week, stuff got the best of me. From the clothing I can’t say “no” to, to the dog gear freebies we collected at the Blog Paws 2012 conference, our Arctic Fox fifth wheel started to explode at the seams with too much stuff.
One day while looking for a favorite t-shirt, which I know I had just seen the day before, I threw a temper tantrum. As I grew more upset at not finding that shirt among my piles of crap, I realized that I had broken the cardinal rule of Rvers living in a small space:
If you bring one new thing in, one old thing must go out!
After five years of living on the road, I’ve grown lazy in my organizational routine. This is a big mistake for any Rver, but especially for ones living in a 24′ rig like ours.
Not being able to find one t-shirt brought my bad habit to light, so I began weeding through my clothing, sheets and blankets to make a “toss” and “keep” pile.
Once I had discarded things I knew I wouldn’t wear, I stared at the piles of bedding that was taking up vital space underneath our bed.
Space Savers Helps the Hoarder in Me
Our complimentary sample of Space Savers Dual Use Bags couldn’t have come at a better time.
Instead of stuffing our warm winter bedding back under the bed, I reached for the Space Savers Dual Use Bags we were sent to review in exchange for sharing the results of with you, dear reader.
Here’s what I learned:
- I need to commit to having less crap in the first place. Having less stuff only benefits us in the long run. Less stuff = less fuel consumption.
- When you’ve pared down your belongings, you can stuff excess into Space Bags. These handy heavy-duty plastic bags have one way valves that let you take the air out by either sucking it with a vacuum hose, or using your burly muscles.
- I tried both air-reduction methods and both worked exceptionally well. However, I found the vacuum method took out even more air.
- Space Savers Bags save an enormous amount of space and can take a lot of abuse. They are much better made than cheap imitations.
Finally, the storage area underneath our bed has room for even more stuff! (not).
Try Space Savers Bags for Yourself, Free!
Wanna see how much space you save in your RV with Space Savers Bag Dual Use Bags? Then follow these steps:
- “Like” the Space Savers Facebook Page
- Share your RV storage challenge on the Space Savers Facebook Page
- Copy and paste your challenge into the comments section below.
One lucky pack rat will be chosen at random. Must enter no later than Monday, July 16 at 12 midnight Pacific time.
This giveaway is only valid for U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older.