Readers who have chosen not to register for this blog and receive notification of posts and comments will be happy to know that we have just activated the Subscribe To Comments WordPress plug-in.
Beneath the comments form at the bottom of every blog post, there is now a convenient check box that will enable you to receive follow-up comments via email. This is just one of the various plug-ins we have installed to make the LiveWorkDream blog better.
To facilitate comment subscription, we have also modified our comment form template so readers can subscribe to comments without having to leave a comment themselves. And unsubscribing is simple. At the bottom of every comment e-mail notification subscribers get will be a special link to the Comment Subscription Manager where they can unsubscribe to one or many comment threads. Also, if they view the comments for the post they are subscribed to (and they haven’t deleted their comment cookie), they will see a “You are subscribed to this post” message with a link to the Comment Subscription Manager.
Other plug-ins we use on this blog include:
- WP-Email enables readers to recommend blog posts and pages to others via email. Some basic knowledge of HTML and WordPress file hierarchy is necessary to activate this plug-in
- All In One SEO Pack includes various options for us to maximize Search Engine Optimization for this WordPress blog.
- Akismet does a great job stopping blog comment and trackback spam. This plug-in is included with the basic WordPress installation.
- Category Order lets us specify category ordering, spacing, and indentation in the category list that appears in the sidebar.
- Sociable appends social bookmarking links to blog posts for our readers to save, catalog and share web pages they find interesting with others.
- cforms II offers convenient deployment of multiple contact forms for your WordPress blog or even on the same page.
If you’d rather avoid having to deal with your own WordPress installation, stay tuned for our launch of RVBlogz.com where you can get your own free travel blog account.