In an age when free BLM campsites could disappear, the Boondockers Welcome frugal camping community is more vital than ever for RVers seeking free overnight RV camping spots.
Boondockers Welcome Builds Free Camping Community
The Boondockers Welcome resource is a place for budget-minded RV travelers to find free places to camp, and private property owners willing to offer free overnight parking accommodations to fellow RVing members.
This indispensable free camping guide is the creation of Marianne Edwards, author of The Frugal Shunpikers Guides, a popular series of in-depth RVing and camping travel e-books listing free and low-cost scenic boondocking locations in the Western United States.
Not just Another Free Camping Website
Boondockers Welcome isn’t just another free camping website. Here’s why you need to join this worldwide, dues-based community:
- It operates similar to couch surfing or vacation home swap arrangements.
- For $24,95* – less than the cost of one night in a full-hookup RV park, you can search the growing database of available free RV parking opportunities
- Members can learn every aspect about other RVers who want to meet up: from their age group to their rig size, the property owner’s camping accommodations and even if pets are welcome at that spot.
- One yearly membership gives members you the ability to access free camping areas whether they’re in an urban setting or on a gorgeous rural lot in a prime tourist destination.
- Those who offer overnight RV parking on their property get a discounted membership.
- Everyone who joins gets a free gift, the Frugal Shunpiker’s Guide to RV Boondocking in New Mexico ($17.00 value)
UPDATE: The Frugal Shunpiker’s Guides are no longer available.
Best of all, Boondockers Welcome offers a 90-day, no-questions-asked, 100% money back guarantee if you are not completely satisfied!
Find the Best Frugal RV Living Books
Connect with Your Frugal RVing Tribe
Whether you’re a full-timer or a part-timer, Boondockers Welcome builds community through its online discussion forums where members can talk about all things RVing, from workamping to the price of propane.
Members can fill out profiles as much as or as little as they want, which allows both hosts and guests to acquaint themselves with each other before committing to meet up. Marianne reiterates that privacy and security is her community’s number one concern and “At Boondockers Welcome.com you are in control.”
As more free campsites disappear from the public landscape, the RVing lifestyle costs a little more each year. By joining this free RV camping resource, you can ease the hit on your RVing budget and meet cool people in your travels too. Learn more at Boondockers Welcome!
Join Boondockers Welcome and Save! Or find host locations near you.
*Prices, offers and terms subject to change
1 thought on “Boondockers Welcome Helps Budget RVers Find Free Places to Camp”
This looks fantastic! I’m looking into joining it right now. Sam and I do a lot of boondocking.